Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Four-some win for Federer

American Isner stands tall but can't quite topple in-form Swiss in final



Roger Federer became the first man to win the BNP Paribas Open four times with a 7-6 (9-7) 6-3 victory over John Isner in Indian Wells.The in-form Swiss battled through a flu bug throughout the week to claim his third straight title on the ATP Tour, following on from his recent successes in Rotterdam and Dubai.

"Sometimes just have to play a bit sick," he said. "I am happy to come through at the end. It makes me really happy beating the best. This is a great feeling. "It has been a tough week with a lot of players getting sick. I am happy I survived the early rounds to give myself a chance."

Having stunned world number one Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals, Isner suggested he could pull off another upset during a tense opening set that included a brief delay for rain. - http://www1.skysports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment