Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Azarenka still unbeaten

Belarusian extends winning streak but Kvitova crashes out

Victoria+Azarenka+Hairstyles+2.jpg (610×571)

Victoria Azarenka swept into the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open with a 6-1 6-2 victory over Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova in Indian Wells.

The Australian Open champion from Belarus moved to 19-0 for the year with a slick performance against the veteran, breaking serve three times in the first set and twice more in the second to win in just an hour.
Serving for the match at 5-2, Azarenka went 40-15 up before double-faulting but then sealed the win on the next point when her opponent's backhand flew long.
"I am really happy with the way I played today, I really turned it around from the survival the last time around," she said, referring to her three-hour battle with Mona Barthel in the previous round.
"I really had to step it up from my last match. I'm glad I could perform much better than I did in my first match and show some good tennis."
The world number one will next meet Germany's Julia Goerges, a 6-3 6-4 winner against Spaniard Anabel Medina Garrigues. - http://www1.skysports.com
9878e6582b.jpg (747×560)
3adc412d55.jpg (500×235)

No comments:

Post a Comment