Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Novak Djokovic comeback unbeatable 12bet update 11/01



Novak Djokovic insists he is not unbeatable as he prepares to return from a six-week absence at this week's Swiss Indoors in Basle.




The world number one has not played for six weeks due to a back injury that he picked up while playing for Serbia against Argentina in the Davis Cup.


In his absence Britain's Andy Murray has become the man of the moment with three successive tournament victories in the Far East, and the Scot will line up in the field along with Roger Federer for the Switzerland event.


Djokovic has lost only three matches all year, with 64 wins and three Grand Slam titles, and has replaced Rafael Nadal as the world number one.


It has been one of the most dominant displays ever seen in the sport and he is now looking for a strong end to the season ahead of the ATP World Tour Finals in London.




Despite his success, the 24-year-old insists that he does not go into any tournament thinking that he cannot be beaten, but admits that his confidence has been high during his purple patch.


"I don't feel unbeatable and I don't think anybody is," he said. "It's just a matter of the right momentum, the confidence that you have, that you're building up by winning this many matches.


"I could rely on that confidence in most of the matches I was playing because when you are confident, sometimes you see the ball as a watermelon."


Djokovic admits that he might not be at his best this week but feels that his injury problems could have been a blessing in disguise after such a long and successful campaign.


"Injuries are never welcome, but it came in the right moment because it gave me a little bit more time to rest and recover," he added.


"I tore my muscle quite bad and it took me up to now to recover and get fit.


"I know it's going to take time and I don't expect myself to be one hundred percent at this tournament, but I will try to build up my confidence." - http://www.setanta.com




No comments:

Post a Comment